Monday, December 14, 2009

What a Scent!

I am sitting at my computer in the kitchen breathing in a fabulous smell--nothing I've baked though. It's the apple and orange pomanders the girls and I made today.
Googling "pomanders" showed me that there are many people out there that have such memories attached to making and smelling them. I have been waiting for the year that the girls would be able to push the cloves in themselves, and they (ages 3 and 5) were able to for the most part. Telling them how I once covered a whole apple in cloves and how my mom kept it around for years I think (it dried out nicely) motivated my oldest for some special pomander achievements. In the end we were happy with stripes, a heart, an egg, zig zags and other nameless yet beautiful designs. Wish I could send the smell your way!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...