Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Outside the Scrapbook

Scrapbook embellishments are VERY appealing to me. The problem is that I am not really a scrapbooker (except for those 2 scrapbooks I’ve promised myself to finish of my girls’ first years…and how old are they now?!).  Thankfully, I’ve found ways to utilize some of these beauties on something besides a page in a book.  I am trying to be in a use-it or lose-it mode these days. 
On a side note, have you heard what Clutter Diet means by a “UFO”? Un-Finished Objects!  Those of you who know me know I’m the queen of those! Another reason to share with you the finished victories!
Back to embellishments… I thought I’d show how I put some of these to work:
DSCF5746
I used K&COMPANY stickers (I bought on sale at Michael’s back home) on these frames. Please excuse the short picture. I was too eager to set it out before I found something to hide that spot (European frames and photo sizes are not standard American—while the picture is!).
DSCF5743
This frame road in my car for who knows how long before I moved overseas waiting to be returned to JoAnn’s. Not sure why I bought it or wanted to return it or never did. Funny it made it over here, but I’m so glad it did!
DSCF5700
This lamp shade has been in need for a while. It was missing it’s edging and had stain spots. I used beige bias tape for the lower edge.  The flowers are brads but I used hot glue to attach them. After I glued them on I felt it needed a little something else. I ended up sewing the buttons on since my first hot glued button was not the look I was after.
I just re-did another lampshade in need. Hopefully I’ll get it posted soon!
I’m sharing this at:

 
DIY Day @ ASPTL

1 comment:

  1. Hi! I'm following you back from Tanja's Cupcakes. The lamp shade that you decorated is so beautiful!
    I'm from Slovenia, which is also in Europe - between Italy, Croatia, Hungary and Austria. I like your blog and I look forward to reading more of your blog posts!
    Have a great weekend,
    Tanja

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...