Friday, April 2, 2010

Center of Attention

It strikes me a bit that you do not see many Easter decorations here or Easter baskets and colored eggs for that matter. My hope is that means Jesus is kept the center of attention this holiday! We do enjoy putting out our Easter decorations from America and Germany still, doing egg hunts and the like. However, I thought this year I would try to create a centerpiece for our table with a different focus. I added the symbolism that came to mind with each item in parentheses.

DSCF5796

Candy and chocolate covered almonds are one thing you find in mass during this season in Portugal—a great thing to fill a sugar and creamer (Jesus is the sweetness in our lives)! I had bought the quail eggs in Germany (New life is given). The candles are from home (Light shines in the darkness). I had never figured out what to do with the postcard before--it’s postmarked 1914 (the glory of the cross). I also thought the lamb basket my daughter made in German kindergarten last year was appropriate with the theme (humility and simplicity).

“Behold the Lamb of God, which taketh away the sin of the world.” John 1:29

DSCF5798 

PS: If you’re looking for another great idea to incorporate the true meaning of Easter, my friend Emily wrote about creating a Resurrection Garden—a beautiful project for kids and adults together! Maybe we’ll try that next year!

I’m sharing this at Frugal Friday on The Shabby Nest

9 comments:

  1. Hello! I love your center piece and how you are keeping Jesus the center of this holiday. Found you from New Friend Friday. Glad I found your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Came by to say hi from New Friend Friday. Would love for you to sail by and follow back. Happy Easter!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That looks very pretty!

    (visiting from NFF)

    ReplyDelete
  4. absolutely delightful! so pretty and sweet! I hopped over from Fun to Craft and am so happy that I did. Please accept my invitation to drop in at my place one day soon. Have a fun weekend! until later...

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am stopping by from New Friend Friday...the fact that you are Portugal made me want to stop in and see. Off to see more of your blog.
    Happy Easter.
    amanda @ myramblings.ca

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like it a lot. It is so simple, but yet so meaningfull. Thank you for sharing this.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey Jenni, Happy Easter/Lord's Resurrection Day! I'm so thankful we can rejoice together even with the distance. Love your centerpiece. It's beautiful and I love the thought you put into it. Thanks for linking to mine though I can't take credit for it. A friend came across it and passed it on to me. It's wonderful how we can share so much of our lives with one another. I really do love being able to keep up with you and your precious family through your blog in addition to your newsletters. BTW, Happy Belated Birthday to your little one! Blessings...Emily

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a beautiful centerpiece. So cute. I love how elegant it looks. Thanks for sharing at Fun to Craft's Spring has Sprung Party.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...