Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Giant Cheetos and a Father’s Day Card Idea

Before I get on to the point of this post, I wanted to thank Beckie from Infarrantly Creative for choosing our coat rack as her favorite in last week’s CSI Project Hardware Store Challenge. Yea for a win!

Visit thecsiproject.com

Now on to Cheetos: Our family got a great kick out of the size of the Cheetos balls  we found at the store today. You see, when you see a new or different product in a foreign grocery store, you grab it since it may never localize again! It was actually my 5 year old who saw them; of course they’re right at her level. So, I figured these are normal cheese balls. I didn’t notice the word MEGA on the front—they are 1.5 inches in diameter!

DSCF6736

Somehow Cheetos and Father’s Day seemed to go together! I thought the birthday card we made for my husband could be adapted for Father’s Day.

My husband received money towards a new IPod for his birthday from our parents. So I used my friend Emily’s Valentine IPod idea (which is from Family Fun) to make an IPod birthday card. My was a bit different in that I didn’t wrap a candy heart box (and honestly forgot to find Rollo’s for ear pods). I sewed a pocket to slip our “ICard”-ha!- into.

DSCF6511

I used the Family Fun printable scroll wheel, but made our own playlist. I figured you could make your playlist unique for Father’s Day as well! We wrote birthday wishes on the back of the ICard. I’m sure there is a way to make one that looks more like an IPhone, but I haven’t tried that yet!

My oldest daughter (the one holding the Cheetos above) cut out the rest of the printables and found things to make her own IPod all by herself. It’s really cute! I’m sure she’d love to know I’m sharing her creativity!

DSCF6764 DSCF6766

1 comment:

  1. Love the iPod card! My daughter would love it.
    I had missed the polka-dot table post; too much fun! I love it.
    Come over and visit; I have a giveaway going on and I don't mind mailing it overseas! :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...