Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Guest Room Redo

Over a year ago, I wrote about motivation to complete our guest room. I’m glad to report that a few changes in that room make it more of what I hoped it could be in this house. Did you see my lampshade facelift after buying a new duvet cover? Well, this new cover continued to inspire the change from this:

DSCF5921

to this:DSCF9974

We decided to not paint the freebie headboard for now. The beige Euro shams and other light-hearted textures and color help off-set its heavy feel. We changed out the rug with a blue one we’d used in our old office too.

DSCF9979

I made the center pillow from an old flannel pillow case I found at the flea market. We added one more plate with a little blue to balance the plate wall around the headboard.

  DSCF9973

I did not previously post about my side table paint job since I was kind of disappointed in it. Long story short: Getting the right paint in Portugal has been a challenge for us! However, it works if you don’t look too close! A chair re-do is in order when the funds are available.

DSCF9972

A few other blue touches around the room helped pull together what I was going for—a little less stuffy/a little more fun I think! My current guest is enjoying it!

3 comments:

  1. Thank you for your sweet comment on my blog. I hope your little girls love the dresses you make for them. This room redo came out so cute. It reminds me of a country cottage. Perfect:>

    ReplyDelete
  2. love it~! I'm glad we were able to stay in it too!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...