Monday, January 16, 2012

Winter Wreath

IMG_0709

So you probably can guess what I made this wreath out of! I had seen a tutorial for a wreath made from cute striped socks, so I thought I’d raid our stash of less than optimal socks! The girls contributed tights that itch them, and I had two pairs with holes.

IMG_0699

I remembered to take the photo after I’d already started cutting! Once your socks are cut, you slip them on a styrofoam wreath form you’ve made a slit all the way through.

IMG_0700

Once I had the wreath covered, I cut out the “Brrr!” with my Silhouette and attached the vinyl to a piece of lightweight hard plastic I had cut to fit the back of the wreath.

IMG_0703

I hot glued the edges of the plastic to the back of the wreath. Next, I added a felt snowflake I had from a gift box with a button of sorts with a nail-like shank. It feels great when I can use things I’ve held onto for projects like this!

IMG_0707

I decided to use a wire hanger attached with straight pins and strengthened with hot glue. We have to use these big power suction cups to hang wreaths on our glass front door panel since a wreath hanger won’t fit {but I am thankful for that glass so I won’t complain!}.

IMG_0705

Happy winter everyone from sunny but chilly Portugal!

Linking up to these parties:

Todays Creative Blogall crafts Homemade Projects ~ Add Yours! {1/17}

3 comments:

  1. Good job recycling and making something useful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this! What a great idea!! I love simple things that look so good! :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...