Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Yarn Balls and Ornaments Wreath

IMG_3616

Last year I decided I didn’t want to use all the ball ornaments on my tree this year. I also wanted a new wreath, but those are not plentiful here in Portugal. So I decided to use what I had apart from buying some yarn from our dollar store. There are many examples of yarn ball wreaths online, but I got my idea of mixing the ornaments and yarn balls from The Pleated Poppy blog.

IMG_3611

I covered all the ornaments that I didn’t want to show with yarn. I used some craft glue to attach the yarn to the ornament, then tucked in the end when I had finished wrapping it with yarn.

IMG_3612

You can see part of the Styrofoam stand I made above to spray paint some of the ornaments pink.

IMG_3613

Once everything was ready, I used the ornament hanging parts to wire them onto the wreath {necessary with the wind we can get here}. A couple of the tops of the ornaments kept coming out when I was putting them on. I think they lost they’re stay-in ability once the neck of the ornament was covered. So I used some hot glue to keep those tops secure. So far we haven’t seen the need to have hot-glued any others!

IMG_3619

We are pleased with the fun color on our door and to have this project off my to-do list from last year!

IMG_3614

1 comment:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...