Friday, February 1, 2013

New Planters

I’ve had several plants sitting in my kitchen waiting for a permanent home. Three tiny succulents were in my window sill, and it occurred to me they might fit in the old polka-dot bowl I had sitting next to them.

IMG_3993

Wa-lah! Then began the hunt to find more of these “new” planters. Even though I’d prefer to de-stash, the best bets for these other plants were found at our local flea market. A teapot for my rex begonia…

IMG_3995

The poinsettia from Christmas has been given a chance at longer life too. We’ll see how she fares outside of her Christmas florist donned wrapping.

IMG_4034

I’m hoping the plants will thrive despite the fact I didn’t drill holes in the bottom of these pottery pieces. Just being careful to not overwater. I have used rocks or other objects in the lower sections of vases and pottery in the past to give water a place to go in a way, just not this time. These containers were on the smaller side.

IMG_3994

In the mean time I’m encouraged by prettier plant life in the kitchen in the middle of winter!

1 comment:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...